Banana Steel-Cut Oatmeal with Cinnamon
Originally published in YOU: On a Diet, Revised Edition, by Michael Roizen, MD, and Mehmet Oz, MD
Save this recipe Submit your version
Yields: 3 servings
- 2.333 cup(s) nonfat milk
- 2/3 cup(s) steel-cut oats
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 large banana, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- Place 2 cups of the milk in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a gentle simmer over high heat.
- Stir in the oats and salt.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring frequently, until most of the milk is absorbed and oats are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in banana and cinnamon.
- Pour into two cereal bowls and serve with remaining 1/3 cup milk.
Recipe developed by Cleveland Clinic Lifestyle 180 program
Here are some alternate versions of this recipe created by our wonderful community of chefs!