Butternut Squash, Carrot and Ginger Soup
Originally published in YOU: On a Diet, Revised Edition, by Michael Roizen, MD, and Mehmet Oz, MD
Save this recipe Submit your version
Yields: 18 servings (1 cup each)
- 1 cup(s) chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cup(s) carrots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger, minced
- 9 cup(s) butternut squash, cubed
- 10 cup(s) water
- 6 tablespoon(s) low-sodium vegetarian vegetable base without MSG
- In a stock pot, saute onion in olive oil over low heat until transparent.
- Add carrots and saute 10 minutes.
- Add ginger and saute 2 minutes.
- Add butternut squash, water, and vegetable base and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to medium low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Puree with a handheld vertical blender until smooth and serve.
Recipe developed by Cleveland Clinic Lifestyle 180 program
Here are some alternate versions of this recipe created by our wonderful community of chefs!