Raita is used in Indian cuisine as a cooling balance for spicy dishes. Try it with curries or as a condiment for grilled meat or poultry.
Save this recipe Submit your version
Serves: 10 Edit
Total Time: 10 min
- 1 cup(s) low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh mint
- Combine yogurt, lime juice, garlic, cucumber, cumin, salt, pepper and mint in a small bowl. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Here are some alternate versions of this recipe created by our wonderful community of chefs!