Since pesto is a "raw" sauce, the flavor of the olive oil is crucial to its success. Use the best first-cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil you can comfortably afford.
Save this recipe Submit your version
Serves: 8 Edit
Total Time: 20 min
Prep Time: 20 min
- 1.5 cup(s) packed fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup(s) packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup(s) toasted sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 clove(s) garlic, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- Place basil, mint, almonds, oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic and salt in a food processor; pulse a few times, then process until fairly smooth, or to the desired consistency.
Here are some alternate versions of this recipe created by our wonderful community of chefs!