Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup
Save this recipe Submit your version
Serves: 10 Edit
Yields: 10 servings
- 3 can(s) (15 1/2-ounce) black beans, rinsed, drained, pureed
- 1 cup(s) drained canned tomatoes, pureed
- 1.25 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup(s) minced shallot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 cup(s) fat-free beef broth
- 1 can(s) (16-ounce) pumpkin puree
- 1/4 pound(s) cooked lean ham, diced
- 3 tablespoon(s) sherry vinegar
- In a 6-quart kettle, cook the onion, shallot, garlic, cumin, and pepper in oil over moderate heat.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, broth, and pumpkin until combined.
- Simmer uncovered for 25 minutes or until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Add the ham and vinegar and heat through.
Here are some alternate versions of this recipe created by our wonderful community of chefs!