Increase Sex Drive with Sexy Foods
When your sex drive takes a nosedive (happens to everyone, now and then), you may be able to give your love life a mini pick-me-up with sexy foods.
Like the ones recommended by the YOU Docs in their popular book YOU: Being Beautiful. Here's their list of libido-boosting victuals and how each of these sexy foods helps increase sex drive:
- An apple a day helps keep bad breath away (and your partner closer than ever).
- Asparagus is rich in vitamin E -- a key nutrient for hormone building. (Find out how asparagus affects your liver, too.)
- Bananas contain bromelain -- an enzyme thought to boost male libido.
- Celery is high in androsterone, a hormone released in male sweat that turns women on. (Did you know? Celery helps constipation, too.)
- Figs are rich in amino acids that may set your desire afire.
- Garlic might cancel the sweet breath provided by the apples, but it can also boost blood flow to sexual organs. (Take the hassle out of garlic prep with tips from this video.)
- Oysters have lots of zinc, an ingredient necessary for the production of testosterone.
- Wild yams are thought to enhance genital sensitivity.
What's Your Wish?
Sexuality is a complex process that can be affected by many factors. But having a low sex drive isn't necessarily a problem if there's no underlying medical cause and you are satisfied with your level of sexual activity. Find out about all the factors that affect sexuality and how to better manage them.